Chicken Nuggets are a kid’s favorite. In this recipe, I have spiced up chicken by making Chicken Parmesan using chicken tenders. Instead of ketchup, we use a simple tomato sauce for dipping. Make this as dinner the night before and you have dinner and lunch taken care of! How easy is that?
Lunch Box Fixings:
- Chicken Parmesan Fingers (recipe follows)
- Tomato Dipping Sauce (recipe follows)
- Beet Chips
Chicken Parmesan Fingers
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
- 1 pound-1.5 pounds Chicken Tenders
- 1 cup Panko bread crumbs –Plain
- ½ cup Parmesan cheese
- 2 eggs- beaten
- salt and pepper
- Preheat Oven to 400 degrees
- Prep Chicken:
- Place each of the following into separate shallow bowls in the below order
- Bowl #1: Beat 2 Eggs and leave in bowl
- Bowl #2: Add Panko Bread Crumbs, Parmesan Cheese, and ¼ teaspoon salt and 1/8 teaspoon pepper (or to taste).
3. Line 2 baking sheets with either a Silicon Mat or tin foil. This prevents sticking and helps in clean up.
4. Take each piece of chicken and dip it individually into Bowl#1 and then Bowl #2. Place each piece of chicken on a baking sheet.
5. Transfer chicken in the oven for 30 minutes or until done and lightly brown.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
- 1 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- ¼ cup white vermouth or dry white wine
- 1 (28 ounce) can crushed tomatoes
- red pepper flakes, to taste (optional)
- 1 handful of fresh basil, torn
- Using a Dutch oven or other large pot over medium-high heat, add 1 tablespoon of oil. When the oil is hot, add the garlic and cook for 10 seconds being careful to not brown it. Stir in the wine and tomatoes. Bring to a low boil and then turn down to a simmer for 5 minutes. Season with sea salt and red pepper flakes, if using. When the sauce is done stir in torn basil.