In my efforts to make my low carb diet more interesting, I ran across this recipe from Bobby Flay in which he uses the sauce on Beef Skewers. Since it is winter now and grilling is unappealing in the rain, I cooked the beef under the broiler. The result was a tensely flavorful sauce atop tender beef. I recommend a side of vegetables such as my green beans or a side salad to accompany the dish.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
- 1 pound beef tenderloin, cut into steaks about 1 ½ inch thick
for the glaze
- 4 cloves of garlic, minced
- ¼ cup grainy mustard
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1 tablespoon low-sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- Whisk together all the ingredients for the glaze in a small bowl.
- Preheat the broiler to high.
- Place steaks on a broiler pan. Spread glaze over both sides of the steak. Place steaks under the broiler (in the top half of the oven) for 4 minutes per side or until done per your taste.
- Serve with green beans, side salad and/or crusty French bread.
© 2012, Nicole. All rights reserved.