PREP TIME: 10 minutes
COOK TIME: 30 minutes
For the marinade:
- 1-pound boneless/skinless chicken thighs or breasts (I prefer thighs because they are juicier)
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 3 teaspoons Chinese rice wine or dry sherry
- 3 teaspoons sesame Oil
- ¼ teaspoon salt
For the rice:
- 1 tablespoon peanut oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 inch piece of ginger, minced
- 1 ¼ cups short grain brown rice
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 3 teaspoons sesame oil
- 1 ½ cups chicken broth
- 4 heads of baby bok choy, chopped
- To prepare the marinade, whisk the cornstarch, Chinese rice wine or sherry, sesame oil and salt. Add chicken and turn to coat. Let it sit while you prepare the rest of the ingredients or for 30 minutes.
- Heat peanut oil in a large Dutch oven. Add garlic and ginger cooking until fragrant, approximately 2 minutes. Add chicken (without the excess marinade) and cook for about 7 -10 minutes on medium-heat. Mix in rice and allow it to fully absorb the flavor of the ingredients. Swirl in the soy sauce and sesame oil. Stir for about 2 more minutes.
- Add broth and stir to break up the bits on the bottom of the pan. Add the bok choy to the top but do not mix in. Bring to a slow simmer for approximately 30 minutes or until rice is tender.
- Mix bok choy into the rice and chicken. Serve immediately.
© 2012 – 2013, Nicole. All rights reserved.