This week I will be focusing on my essential recipes for a perfect Thanksgiving Dinner. We start off the week with my go-to easy to make appetizer that will impress all your guests.
Years ago my fabulous friend Peter made these for a party. My mind was blown. I just couldn’t get enough of them. They are a perfect mix of salty and sweet and a decedent appetizer perfect for any party or a great precursor for Thanksgiving dinner.
PREP TIME: 20 minutes
COOK TIME: 45 minutes
- 24 Medjool Dates, pitted
- 24 whole unsalted almonds
- 4 oz plain goat cheese
- 12 slices of thinly sliced smoked bacon, cut in half
- 24 toothpicks
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Line a Baking Sheet with either tin foil or a Silpat.
- Take each date and slice it down the center. Place 1 almond in the center of the date (where the pit used to be). Add 1 tsp of goat cheese around the almond. Take the halved bacon slice and wrap it around the date. Secure with a toothpick.
- Continue to do this with all the dates. Line the pan with the dates.
- Cook in the oven for 45 minutes or until the bacon is crispy and the fat has rendered.
- Serve immediately.
© 2012, A Family that Eats Together. All recipes and posts are property of A Family that Eats Together and are provided for other’s to enjoy. All rights reserved.